Sunday, May 4, 2008

2:42 - The Rubber Room



























"Illusions in a twisted mind, to save from self-destruction, hmm it's the rubber room..." This must be one of the weirdest songs in the history of country music. Swirling strings, a nice bass part, and of course Porter´s great voice, sometimes drenched in creepy echo. "I'm a-screamin' pretty words, tryin' to make 'em rhyme... I'm in the rubber room... hmm a psycho, I'm in the rubber room hmm..." And hey, would you believe The Rubber Room clocks in at exactly 2 minutes and 42 seconds? Spooky.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Weirdest song ever!

Unknown said...

This has displaced "They're Coming To Take Me Away" as my second-most favorite CRAZY song. Thanks so much for this!

I've always shy'd away from Porter Wagoner (without, to my knowledge, even having heard him) for no good reason... so this was an amazing introduction.

Oh, and for the record, my #1 crazy song is "Millie and Billie" by Alice Cooper.