Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Little Black Book: Denise



Randy & The Rainbows: Denise

[purchase]

That was the problem - I liked her, but didn't love her. She came to all my gigs and made sure to wrap herself around me during the breaks, daring all females to pull me from her clutches. She'd always ask me to sing her "Denise", but I'd refuse, since I'd be indirectly saying she had my heart. I soon fell in love with a Canadian girl and told Denise, in a Fatal Attraction moment, she responded by breaking into my house and sliding into my bed, where I found her after I came home. After I sent her out of my life, two years later she married a Navy guy and had a couple of kids. Long before that, the Canadian girl Dear John'ed me that long distance relationships didn't work - aint it funny how life works out.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool tune. Welcome to SMM!

I dated a girl named Denise back in high-school. Things didn't work out.
Years later (about a year ago, now), through the magic of the internet, we've been back in touch.
She's gone all granola on some commune in Northern California, it seems.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the welcome!

For me, it's like the lines to the Donald Fagen song, The Nightfly: I sometimes wonder, what happened to that flame. I'd be interested to know what my ex's are up to, but it hasn't been in the cards so far.