Saturday, June 7, 2008

Boats: Ferry edition



Neil Young: Cripple Creek Ferry

[purchase]

I don't have a lot of time to write anything very meaningful (so what's new?), but I just couldn't let this topic pass without a spot of Neil Young.

And here's some unabashed cheese, courtesy of Tanya Tucker, with Gerry and The Pacemakers doing it for us Brits!
One from Ms Tucker's staple of lovelorn ditties:

"A case of gone was all he carried,
As he got on the Jamestown Ferry,
And he said that gone was all he'd ever be."

Gerry and The Pacemakers: Ferry Cross the Mersey

[purchase]

A tale of typical British regional pride:

"So ferry 'cross the Mersey
'cause this land's the place I love
and here I'll stay."

.

5 comments:

Paul said...

I think you've got your Neil Young songs switched around...

Paul said...

Otherwise, great post. I'm all about the cheese.

Paul said...

Fixed it.

Divinyl said...

Lol...cheers Paul :o) Difficult to beat Tanya Tucker for general cheese value plus listenability!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
The picture of Passenger's car powers ferry and was great to see.
:)