Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fifty States: Idaho



The B-52's: Private Idaho

[purchase]


I love this song because it coined the phrase, "d00d, you're living in your own private Idaho", something I've been known to utter on occasion. There was also a great film based on it, Gus Van Sant's My Own Private Idaho. Since Idaho is the potato state, you'd think that Devo, aka "The Spud Boys", would have an Idaho song, but the closest they got was the lyrics of Red Eye Express: "Something's rotten in Idaho and I don't know what to do" - I have the mp3 posted here, if interested. Now, sit back and enjoy The B-52's paean to self-absorption.

You're livin in your own Private Idaho
You're out of control, the rivers that roll
You fell into the water and down to Idaho
Get out of that state
Get out of that state you're in

blog comments powered by Disqus