Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Moon: Belly Edition



Belly: Low Red Moon

Belly: Full Moon, Empty Heart

[purchase] (Amazon themselves don't even sell it any more!)

I have been entirely rubbish lately...I apologise for this. Just to totally take the piss, I thought I would sneak in under the wire with a quick moon-themed post (I have playlists in my iTunes for both sun and moon, I just didn't get around to it before now...it's been more than a week since I updated my own blog, I am that rubbish!).

Anyway, apologies over...here are two tracks from Belly - a group who, in my opinion, were greatly unrated and underappreciated, certainly in the UK. Belly were one of my very favourite 90s indie bands and they made two nigh perfect albums, Star and King.

I have a crap car that only has a cassette player in it (and one which doesn't even have a rewind button - you have to turn the tape over and fast forward!) and my tape with a Belly album on each side is so battered and overplayed that I am terrified that it is going to give out on me one of these days! That will be a sad day, as it has been much loved since I was 14. Yes, yes I have the music on CD and digitally, but where's the fun in that?!

Ok, diatribe over...enjoy the music!

Oh, and P.S. Have at look at the following link for more Belly (and related bands).

blog comments powered by Disqus