Friday, September 12, 2008

Johns: John Vanderslice



John Vanderslice: Trance Manual

[purchase]

John Vanderslice is a singer-songwriter that makes indie rock that sounds like a more mature version of Death Cab For Cutie. I've had the pleasure of seeing him perform twice now, and both times I was impressed by how unaffected he came off as. Despite his music being rather serious and somber most of the time, he seemed to be all smiles and acted jovial with the crowd.

He has collaborated numerous times with fellow amazingly talented John, John Darnielle of The Mountain Goats, having produced a few of The Mountain Goats' albums and having had Darnielle contribute to the lyrics to his highly acclaimed album "Pixel Revolt", which the track I have here is from. He's an artist that seems to generally fly under the radar of many music fans, including me sometimes, but always surprises me with his talent.

blog comments powered by Disqus