Monday, September 22, 2008

The Music Biz: Rules 2 The Game

Arrested Development - Rules 2 Tha Game
Arrested Development - Lost Soldiers

[purchase]

When we received the email this weekend to know what this week's theme was a virtual waterfall of hiphop songs started washing over me. I even emailed Boyhowdy saying I for saw a lot of hiphop tracks from me this week. He requested that I try and mix some old school stuff into the mix since the hiphop posts lately have been gleaning towards newer material. To this I say, Good. I'm not really a look back type of poster neither here nor on ninebullets. Too many artists trying to sell records in the now and not being able to eat....but, in an effort to keep the peace I open this week with a compromise of sorts...an old school band still quietly pumping out music:

Arrested Development.
Yeah, the Mr. Wendel Arrested Development.

Did you know they're still putting out albums? Most people don't. These tracks come from their 2002 effort, Heroes of the Harvest. It came out with zero fanfare and even less buzz, but it was everything you would/should expect from Arrested Development. It’s not “Tennessee part 2″, but it was vintage Arrested Development and said more than 90% of that years releases. I’m not even sure if Heroes got a U.S. release or not, but it is available on Amazon MP3 for less than 10 dollars. Well worth it, if you ask me.

blog comments powered by Disqus