Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Aristocrats: King Of Carrot Flowers



Neutral Milk Hotel: King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1

[purchase]


From one of the weirdest, most endearing, and at times most disturbing albums in my library, King Of Carrot Flowers is not a tale of vegetable royalty, but of childhood angst and discovery. This, the opening track of the album, sets the stage for a frantic and wild ride through Jeff Mangum's fevered mind.  As the folks at AMG wrote, this album is either the work of a genius or of a crackpot.  I'd definitely recommend checking it out.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine anyone perusing music blogs hasn't heard of In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. After all, it's generally considered the best indie album of all time.

bwrice said...

Absolutely - I wasn't suggesting anything to the contrary. Maybe I should have said "check it out, if you haven't already".

Susan said...

Hey, BWR ~

This is totally new to me (album and artist), and I thank you for it - I'm definitely intrigued to find out more!

P.S. Gotta love the carrot segue... :-)

Anonymous said...

the carrot segue rocks! And NMH is an awesome band, thanks for posting them xoxoxo

Tart