Sunday, November 30, 2008

Leftovers (Little Black Book): Amy



Ryan Adams: Amy

[purchase]

The Little Black Book theme is by far the one I regret missing out on the most. Not only is it an interesting topic that allows a wealth of tunes to be explored, but the title is just clever as hell.

If you’ve read my posts here or have EVER stopped by This Mornin’…, you’re well aware of my Ryan Adams obsession. And if you know anything about Ryan, it most likely stemmed from Heartbreaker. Amy had an impressive influence on Ryan, although I haven’t found much to substantiate any intel on the real Amy. This is the one and only tune to be adorned with her moniker, but it says it all, plain and simple - an attribute which gives Heartbreaker its everlasting elegance.

“I don’t know why I let go; I want to be your friend.”

“I go to the places we used to; I feel sad.”

“Oh, I love you Amy. Do you still love me?”

blog comments powered by Disqus