Friday, April 10, 2009

Anniversaries: Now It’s a Year (Going on Six Years)



Invisible Music: Now It‘s a Year (Going on Six Years)

Now It’s a Year (Going on Six Years) starts out sounding like synth pop, with the addition of a piano. Real drums join and then replace the drum machine. The vocal starts out sounding almost folkish, but once the harmony vocals join at the end, the influence of the Beatles is also clear. So, in a mere three and a half minutes, this one covers four or five musical styles that often appear here. And the whole thing hangs together.

All week we have been congratulating ourselves on our first anniversary. But I wanted to take a moment to thank the people who make it all worthwhile: our readers and listeners. We are fortunate to have you as our audience. One of my favorite things about being a part of Star Maker Machine is the times when a reader offers a correction or supplemental information in the comments to one of my posts. This needs to be one of those times.

You see, we have a mystery on our hands. You will notice that I posted this with no purchase link. In seeking that information, I discovered something odd. I can find no evidence on line that Invisible Music ever existed. I know I downloaded the song from somewhere quite some time ago, so I don’t have the album itself. I can tell you that the album was called Invisible, and it came out in 2005. And that’s all I know. So let me thank you now, dear readers for all of your help in the past year, and for any help you can provide here.

blog comments powered by Disqus