Friday, August 6, 2010

Me Last: The P.J. Harvey Edition


P.J. Harvey: Rid Of Me (4-track demo)

[purchase]


P.J. Harvey: Rid Of Me

[purchase]


P.J. Harvey: Send His Love To Me

[purchase]


Desert Sessions feat. P.J. Harvey: Girl Like Me

[purchase]


I only realised how brilliant P.J. Harvey is so recently that I'm almost embarrassed to admit it. For over a decade I only thought of her as that weird looking chick in the sparkly dress singing something about "big fish and little fish". I knew she was every critic's darling, but I couldn't see what was so great about her.

Three years ago I decided to dig a little deeper and bought 1993's Rid Of Me, 1995's To Bring You My Love and 2004's Uh Huh Her to see what all the fuss was about. Within no time at all P.J. had completely wiped the floor with me. The next day I bought the rest of her discography and I haven't looked back since.

Truly one of the great musical geniuses of our time.

blog comments powered by Disqus