Tuesday, September 21, 2010

For The Birds: Lesbian Seagull


Engelbert Humperdinck: Lesbian Seagull

[purchase]

It wasn't easy thinking of a song to post this week as I did a mix of birds songs on my blog last year (fifteen songs, all naming a different type of bird) and not only did I not want to re-post any of those songs, but I didn't even want to re-use any of those fifteen birds. I'm not a bird guy, couldn't think of anything.

Then boyhowdy's post the other day made me realise the mix didn't have a seagull song and immediately thought of Engelbert Humperdinck's Lesbian Seagull from the Beavis And Butt-Head Do America soundtrack. A song originally recorded by Tom Wilson Weinberg in 1979.

I know what you're thinking: Is the song as preposterous and amazing as the title implies?

Yes. Yes, it is.

blog comments powered by Disqus