Friday, December 10, 2010

The Winter Months: The Children of Winter Edition



Mark Olson and the Creekdippers: December's Child

[purchase]

Michelle Lewis: January's Child

[purchase]

Eric Parkin: February's Child

[purchase]

The winter months are the cruelest, both physically and mentally. It may be the season in which I listen to the most music. Instead of spending my spare time outdoors, I hunker down inside and soothe my S.A.D. with a hard drive's worth of mp3s.

So here are three songs to get you and me through the winter months: The first, some Southern folk-rock from Mark Olson's post-Jayhawks aggregation, the second, a slice of social commentary from the none-too-prolific singer-songwriter Michelle Lewis, and the third a reading of a John Ireland piece by pianist Eric Parkin. See you in March!

blog comments powered by Disqus