Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Have a Dream: All I Have to Do Is Dream



The Everly Brothers: All I Have To Do Is Dream

[Purchase]

When I was growing up I had an unshakable crush on a boy in my grade who wouldn't give me the time of day. It was one of those crushes where I perked up and had memorized the sound of his sneeze, cough, yawn...and it would make my heart swell just a little bit to hear it from across the room. Oh, childhood crushes...they call them crushes for a reason though, they hurt.

Needless to say, nothing ever became of it, but whenever I heard this song it made me think of him, as I spent a lot of time daydreaming about what it would be like if he would just like me a fraction of the amount that I liked him. But in my dreams things could be exactly as I wished they'd be, in my dreams he liked me back. This song still makes me think of that old crush, but now it just makes me shake my head.

blog comments powered by Disqus