Monday, January 9, 2012

All That Jazz: Jazz Guitar Version


Wes Montgomery : Four On Six

[purchase]

Pat Martino : Impressions

[purchase]

Larry Carlton : Emotions Wound Us So

[purchase]

Hey, I didn't have to wait long at all before I could share Four On Six with you (2 days, to be exact). This is one of Wes Montgomery's best tunes.

I introduced you to Pat Martino during Circuses and Carnivals week this summer. What an incredible and inspiring guitarist he is. Here is his 197 version of John Coltrane's Impressions.

Finally is the most emo guitar song I think I know, one that is appropriately named: Emotions Wound Us So. It starts out gently with keyboards, then Carlton's expressive jazz fusion guitar starts up, and I'm quickly gone to another emotional state….

Maybe I'm crying over other favorite guitarists I didn't get to include, like Jeff Beck, George Benson, Kenny Burrell, Al DiMeola, Grant Green, Jim Hall, Earl Klugh, Pat Metheny, Joe Pass, Django Reinhart, and Lee Ritenour.

blog comments powered by Disqus